USA Field Hockey Hall of Fame & Awards Gala, presented by STX
Mar 17, 2018 - Mar 17, 2018 | Baltimore, MD, USA
USA Field Hockey is excited to announce that the 30th Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place Saturday, March 17, 2018 at the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, Md. in conjunction with the inaugural Summit. Since its establishment in 1988, the USA Field Hockey Hall of Fame has recognized individuals in two categories:
- Athletes – awarded to USA Field Hockey athletes for their on-field achievement, innovation and contributions to the sport
- Honorary Members – awarded to members of the Association who have given long and exceptional service to USA Field Hockey and have made significant contributions to the sport in the United States or internationally
For the 2018 edition, USA Field Hockey has created several additional awards to more broadly recognize, honor and celebrate individuals across the hockey community whose contributions have made a major and lasting impact on the game of field hockey in the United States.
In 2018, awards will be presented in the following categories:
- USA Field Hockey Grow the Game Award - is presented to a USA Field Hockey Member that has help lay a foundation, build a lasting program and impacted their community through field hockey. They have provided opportunities to countless field hockey players in their region that would not exist without their efforts.
- USA Field Hockey National Coach Award - is presented to a USA Field Hockey Coach Member that exemplifies the values of sportsmanship, fair play and healthy competition. This individual is dedicated to their craft and works tirelessly to make their players, fellow coaches and the field hockey community better.
- USA Field Hockey National Umpire Award - is presented to a USA Field Hockey Umpire Member who has shown integrity and love of the game on and off the field of play. This recipient has treated players, coaches and fans with respect while enforcing the rules and keeping the game safe and fair.
- USA Field Hockey National Club of the Year Award - is presented to the USA Field Hockey Member Club who has excelled on and off the field of play. This club has demonstrated skills on the pitch that are recognized by their peers and fans, but equally important they have shown their passion for hockey and sportsmanship off the pitch. They have used field hockey to make an impression on the lives of others and brought opportunity to their community.
- USA Field Hockey Humanitarian Award - is presented to an individual who has transcended the game of field hockey and achieve something inspirational to us all. This individual has used field hockey to better themselves, their community and beyond.
People's choice voting has ended. Check back for the official poll results on Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
Tickets for the 2018 Hall of Fame and Awards Gala are still on sale. A single ticket is $75.00 and the purchase of one (1) full table with up to ten (10) seats is $700.00.Get Tickets