Level 2 Instructional Coaching Clinic - Fairfax, Va.
Jun 15, 2019 - Jun 16, 2019 | Coaching Course | Fairfax, VA, USA
Saturday, June 15, 2019 - Thursday, June 16, 2019
George Mason University
4400 University Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030
The Level 2 Instructional Coaching Clinic will cover the following topics:
Classroom Presentations and Discussions
- Developing Your Coaching Philosophy
- Teaching Games for Understanding & Guided Discovery/Learning Principles
- 11 v 11 Concepts/Formations
- Effective Session Planning
- Collaborating with Others to Provide Solutions to Strategic Challenges
- Participate in On-Field Group Presentations Covering Important Coaching Topics
On-Field Learning and Application
- Participate in Group Presentations Covering Important Coaching Topics
- Apply “Teaching Games for Understanding” Principles that include Exercise Progressions
- Skill Acquisition - Error Detection and Correction
- Design Fun and Effective Training Sessions - Small Games
Homero Pardi | USA Field Hockey Trained Coach Educator
Pardi has served USA Field Hockey in various capacities. He coached and directed regional youth Olympic development programs in Florida and the Midwest coached high performance training sites. In 2017, he became a certified Coach Educator for USA Field Hockey and is a Level 2 certified coach.
Pardi has been an assistant coach for the Ohio State field hockey program since 2014 after serving for two seasons as an assistant coach at Rider University. From 2008-11, Pardi coached at Princeton, where the Tigers were a perennial top-10 team and advanced to the 2009 Final Four. His duties included scouting analysis, practice planning and video breakdown. Prior to Princeton, he was an assistant at Georgetown from 2003-07 and Kent State from 2002-2003. In addition to his college coaching experience,
A member of several Venezuelan national teams, Pardi was on the Indoor Pan American Cup team in 2002 and played in the America’s Cup in 2000. He participated in the Junior Pan American Championship in 1996 and 2000 and played in the Pan American Clubs Championship from 1999 to 2001. Pardi also participated in the Central American and Caribbean Games, where he helped his team finish fourth overall. In May 2004, Pardi played in the Pan American Cup in Canada.
Pardi earned a bachelor’s degree in Spanish with a minor in psychology from Rider University in 2013. He earned a master's degree in sports coaching in 2019 from The Ohio State University.
Check the USA Field Hockey website COACHING CLINICS for a list of additional offerings. If you would like to attend coaching clinic, but do not see one listed in your area, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to see a full list of upcoming Coaching Clinic offerings.