USA Field Hockey Offering Online, 3-Week Indoor Umpire Clinic
by USA Field Hockey
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Field Hockey is offering an Online Indoor Umpire Clinic that will start Monday, November 1, and run for three-consecutive weeks on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
With the indoor season on the horizon, now is a great time for a refresher on many rules and situations. Umpiring offers you the ability to stay in the game, make new friends and earn some money in the process.
Each session of the Online Indoor Umpire Clinic will take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings and run from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT) and last 45 minutes to an hour. All sessions will be presented using the Microsoft Teams platform.
The cost of the Online Indoor Umpire Clinic is $25.00 for USA Field Hockey Members and $50.00 for non-USA Field Hockey Members. Registration is now open and will close on Sunday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
This online clinic is designed for the intermediate and beginner umpire, those who are looking to umpire during the upcoming indoor season, which will start at the beginning of December. This clinic is the first step to obtaining an Indoor Umpire Rating. Those with less than 5 years' experience in umpiring indoor are encouraged to attend. This clinic is also a great start for players who are thinking of getting into umpiring and expanding their knowledge of the game.
Topics to be covered by USA Field Hockey's Director of Umpiring Steve Horgan include:
- Monday, November 1 - Presentation...Whistling, Signals, Confidence
- Wednesday, November 3 - Positioning...When and where to be to make the best decision
- Monday, November 8 - Cooperation...Working as a team to cover the field to get the calls right
- Wednesday, November 10 - Set Plays...Penalty Corners, Penalty Strokes, Shootouts
- Monday, November 15 - Rules Applications...Free Pushes,Obstruction, Stick interference, Hitting, Intentional over the endline
- Wednesday, November 17 - FIH Indoor Umpire Briefing Presentation
For questions, please contact Steve Horgan at email@example.com.